Recipe: Something’s Fishy – Crunchy Sardine Dog Treats
The Better Than Kibble Dog Food!
- 3.75 oz. tin Sardines in water (include the water in recipe)
- 6 oz fresh or 4 oz. frozen (thawed and drained) spinach
- ¾ low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour (I use Premium Gold brand)
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
Mix sardines, spinach, broth, oats and egg in food processor until smooth. Add cottage cheese, flour, and seeds. Mix well.
Spread onto greased foil or parchment that has been cut to the size of your cookie sheet. Spread as even as possible, using greased fingers and spatula, to mold it to desired thickness.
Bake 375 for 30 (+/-) minutes. Remove from oven, peel foil or parchment from the sheet, and cut in desired size pieces. Add back to a 250 degree oven for an add’l 30 minutes. (The amount of time will vary depending on the thickness of sheet and also the size of treats you cut from the sheet).
Make sure moisture has been removed, consistency will be crunchy. I generally leave them in the oven after I have turned it off, and remove when oven has cooled.