Your Puppy Training Resource
Puppy Training Services
Puppy Play Groups
Puppy Boarding School
Puppy Manners Training
Offering Puppy Play Groups
Supervised Socialization for Your Puppy
Coaching for You
Why Is It Important to Socialize Your Puppy?
Much like human children, puppies learn through play. With young puppies, we call this socialization: when puppies learn how to be around new things in their world.
Research shows that puppies who receive thoughtful and systematic socialization before they are 18 weeks old – a critical canine developmental period – are the most likely to become well-adjusted adults.
- Patti Howard of Your Canine Resource, www.YourCanineResource.com
- Ann Howie of Human-Animal Solutions, www.HumanAnimalSolutions.com
Upcoming Puppy Socialization Play Groups
Play Groups meet for four, consecutive Monday sessions.
Upcoming play groups:
- Feb. 10, 17, 24 and March 2 at 5:30 p.m.
- March 9, 16, 23 and 30 at 5:30 p.m.
Play Groups are open to puppies ages 6-18 weeks.
Enrollment is limited, so register now to ensure your slot!
Puppy Boarding School
One- or Two- or Three-week custom puppy plan options
2-5 months of age only, upon acceptance of application. All breeds welcome.
Custom Boarding School plans include:
- Puppy Manners of your choice
- Socializing proper puppy play, with pups of similar age and size
- Impulse control & confidence building
- Body handling/conditioning
- Car etiquette/manners
- Stranger interactions.
- Greeting manners with children
- Conditioning to fear of new experiences
- Comprehensive 24/7 manners training of custom cues you have chosen
- Includes 2 transfer sessions, showing how to incorporate into your household all that has been learned. Coaching you in each step of your pup coming home.
- Daily diary
- Written follow up to the training cues covered
Lifetime support of training cues included.
Puppy Manners Training – Private in (and around) home sessions
Includes training toward your specific goals. Introducing exercises in lower distractive environments, then adding distractions, distance and duration at your puppy’s pace for long-term, stress-reduced learning.
- Come to you, working toward 100% compliance
- Wait and/or Stay and Release
- Door greeting manners, your guests will love you even more!
- Jumping, what to do instead
- Go to Place
- Leash walking manners
- Leave it
- Drop it
- Leash walking
- Confidence building
- Impulse control building
- Reorientation tools to more desirable behavior
- Body Language focus
- Potty and Crate training
- Homemade food puzzles (you’ll thank me)
- Stretching, how to fade the use of food in your training
It takes a lot of pup energy to be in learning mode for so long, so each session ends with play to burn off any extra stress, before a long nap ensues!
Your puppy is learning from the moment her little paws hit the ground. Consider contacting me prior to bringing puppy home to give you a higher degree of predictability with lowest amount of stress! Pre-puppy appointment includes discussion of the following:
- Bedding area, including puppy pile
- Long term/short term confinement area
- Toys to have on hand
- Potty training
- Crate training (as option)
- Puppy proofing your home
- Exercise expectations
- Chew Habits, and Chewables!
- Bite inhibition training
- Support materials
Puppies Learn All of the Basics
Early training builds a strong foundation for a happy relationship between you and your canine companion.
Want to hear how Patti can help?
Request your complimentary 10-minute phone consultation.
Creating custom plans with your pup helps you save time, energy and money by establishing training exercises and routines that are applicable specifically to you and your family.
You needn't leave the comfort of your home! I will come to you if you are in the greater Olympia area. I also have an office if you want to observe your dog working in variable environments.
Doggy brains don’t generalize well, so training at home is especially effective. Your dog will catch on faster when learning door greeting manners, going to bed to wait while you eat dinner, crate conditioning, etc., in his home environment. You can begin training at home right away and then work outward from there!
Need a Follow up to Puppy Training?
Learn about one-on-one behavior modification customized to your dog's needs.