Your Puppy Training Resource
Puppy Training Services
Puppy Manners Training
Puppy Boarding School
My Puppy Training Programs address all aspects and stages of puppy development. Your pup will be set up for success both presently and in their future, as a well-adjusted "canine good citizen" in-and-around your home!
Every Puppy Program includes extensive information about how to optimize success with training, and provides ongoing support.
Fill out the Your Canine Resource Behavior Assessment Information Form (docx) to prepare for the assessment.
Your puppy is learning from the moment her little paws hit the ground. Consider contacting me prior to bringing puppy home to give you a higher degree of predictability with lowest amount of stress! Pre-puppy appointment includes discussion of the following:
- Bedding area, including puppy pile
- Long term/short term confinement area
- Toys to have on hand
- Potty training
- Crate training (as option)
- Puppy proofing your home
- Exercise expectations
- Chew Habits, and Chewables!
- Bite inhibition training
- Support materials
Puppy Manners Training – Private in (and around) home sessions
Includes training toward your specific goals. Introducing exercises in lower distractive environments, then adding distractions, distance and duration at your puppy’s pace for long-term, stress-reduced learning.
- Come to you, working toward 100% compliance
- Wait and/or Stay and Release
- Door greeting manners, your guests will love you even more!
- Jumping, what to do instead
- Go to Place
- Leash walking manners
- Leave it
- Drop it
- Leash walking
- Confidence building
- Impulse control building
- Reorientation tools to more desirable behavior
- Body Language focus
- Potty and Crate training
- Homemade food puzzles (you’ll thank me)
- Stretching, how to fade the use of food in your training
It takes a lot of pup energy to be in learning mode for so long, so each session ends with play to burn off any extra stress, before a long nap ensues!
Puppy Boarding School
One- or Two- or Three-week custom puppy plan options
2-5 months of age only, upon acceptance of application. All breeds welcome.
Custom Boarding School plans include:
- Puppy Manners of your choice
- Socializing proper puppy play, with pups of similar age and size
- Impulse control & confidence building
- Body handling/conditioning
- Car etiquette/manners
- Stranger interactions.
- Greeting manners with children
- Conditioning to fear of new experiences
- Comprehensive 24/7 manners training of custom cues you have chosen
- Includes 2 transfer sessions, showing how to incorporate into your household all that has been learned. Coaching you in each step of your pup coming home.
- Daily diary
- Written follow up to the training cues covered
Lifetime support of training cues included.
In collaboration with Ann Howie, I offer Puppy Socialization Play Groups. These play groups are about relationship building between you and your puppy, learning who your puppy is in the world.
The session is designed to:
- Teach proper introduction
- Teach appropriate play so you feel confident in greeting your pup to another
- Teach physical and emotional signs during play, and how to reorient it so play is fun for both
- Show how to utilize communication you have been building, and apply it successfully in the most distractive time in your dog's life, that of play with another pup!
- Address how to respond when your pup reacts negatively to another dog
Puppies need play socialization with other breed puppies to learn how to read social cues and how to react appropriately. Contrary to popular belief, greeting and playing are not "natural" by definition…but must be built into communication and socialization. This is designed for lifetime of feeling more confident in the presence of other dogs as they age. A well-rounded, confident puppy is one who learns about their human environment, and of other pups living in their world as well.
Puppies Learn All of the Basics
Early training builds a strong foundation for a happy relationship between you and your canine companion.
Want to hear how Patti can help?
Request your complimentary 10-minute phone consultation.
Creating custom plans with your pup helps you save time, energy and money by establishing training exercises and routines that are applicable specifically to you and your family.
You needn't leave the comfort of your home! I will come to you if you are in the greater Olympia area. I also have an office if you want to observe your dog working in variable environments.
Doggy brains don’t generalize well, so training at home is especially effective. Your dog will catch on faster when learning door greeting manners, going to bed to wait while you eat dinner, crate conditioning, etc., in his home environment. You can begin training at home right away and then work outward from there!
Need a Follow up to Puppy Training?
Learn about one-on-one behavior modification customized to your dog's needs.